Speak Out For Russia!
The Global Speakout for Russia was a huge success! 34 cities, 21 countries, 1 message: love always wins.
Check out the photos from around the world on our Facebook page (you can view them if you're not a Facebook user, too!).
Find An Event Near You
There are still more events happening around the world. Check out the list below for one near you. On September 8:
- Ancona, Italy: Click here
- Barcelona, Spain: Click here
- Bari, Italy: Click here
- Berlin, Germany: Click here
- Bonn, Germany: Click here
- Brussels, Belgium: Click here
- Buenos Aires, Argentina: Click here
- Chicago, USA: Click here
- Columbus, USA: Click here
- Dublin, Ireland: Click here
- Florence, Italy: Click here
- Frankfurt, Germany: Click here
- Geneva, Switzerland: Click here
- Genova, Italy: Click here
- Hamburg, Germany: Click here
- Helsinki, Finland: Click here
- Hong Lim Park, Singapore: Click here
- Lisbon, Portugal: Click here
- London, UK: Click here
- Manila, Philippines: Click here
- Marseille, France: Click here
- Mexico City, Mexico: Click here
- Milan, Italy: Click here
- Montreal, Canada: Click here
- Munich, Germany: Click here
- New York City, USA: Click here
- Palermo, Italy: Click here
- Paris, France: Click here
- Perugia, Italy: Click here
- Plymouth, UK: Click here
- Prague, Czech Republic: Click here
- Pretoria, South Africa: Click here
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Click here
- Rome, Italy: Click here
- San Francisco, USA: Click here
- San Jose, Costa Rica: Click here
- São Paulo, Brazil: Click here
- Stockholm, Sweden: Click here
- Stuttgart, Germany: Click here
- Sydney, Australia: Click here
- Tel-Aviv, Israel: Click here
- Toronto, Canada: Click here
- Vancouver, Canada: Click here
- Vienna, Austria: Click here
- Vilnius, Lithuania: Click here
- Wellington, New Zealand: Click here
Print A Poster
Click here to download the "Speak Out For Russia" and "Love Always Wins" poster: https://www.allout.org/en/russia-posters
If there's no event near you in the list above, you could set up your own! Follow the step-by-step guide.
1. Search online to find a good place to hold your event. If you’re in a city, perhaps there’s a Russian Embassy. Your parliament, city chambers or even town square could also be good places to meet.
2. Decide on an exact time and place to meet - pick a place that’ll be easy for people to find. Make sure it’s after office hours on Tuesday 3 September.
3. Search online if your local authority requires you to get a permit of any kind, it varies from country to country and place to place.
4. Set up a Facebook event (instructions) and email the link to email@example.com. Invite all your Facebook friends and tell everyone you know by phone and email! Not everyone uses Facebook, but All Out doesn't have a way to set up events on our website yet, so it's probably the best way we have for now of spreading the word about an event.Click here to see the next steps
5. Ask people to join you for the Global Speak Out for Russia and to come along wearing RED clothes to symbolise love.
Or it might just be enough to gather together and take a photo that we can use to help get newspapers to write about the Global Speak Out, and to share with activists in Russia to help them feel supported.
6. Spread the word even further, if you want you could invite local politicians or councillors to come along, and email the local newspaper to tell them about the event.
7. On the day, print out the All Out poster and go along about 10 mins early to meet everyone. The poster will help everyone know they’re in the right place. Download the poster by clicking here.
8. When people have arrived, you might want to welcome them and tell everyone why you set up the event. There’s no rules for what you should do at your event - you could talk about why people have come and how people feel about what’s happening in Russia.
Some people may just want to be there, in the spirit of love, on the same night as so many of us around the world, to be one important part of a huge, global message to world leaders.
9. One more thing - make sure you take a photo and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org too, so we know the event happened and it can help us get the headlines we want before the world leaders meeting in St Petersburg.
10. Good luck! And remember - love always wins.
Please note that we are a truly tiny global team at All Out, and we probably won't be able to give as much help and assistance to members organising events as we'd like to.
If you've got any more questions try asking other members on All Out's Facebook page for advice, and we'll do out best to chip in with advice and thoughts too where we can. Thanks for understanding!
Global Speak Out for Russia – Tuesday 3 Sept in partnership with (in alphabetical order):
- Human Rights Campaign
- Peter Tatchell Foundation
- Truth Wins Out