Dedicated to equality? Passionate about LGBT rights? Want to work with amazing people from around the world at a forward-thinking, innovative organization? Most importantly, do you want to work with All Out’s amazing members around the world like this?
Come join us! We are hiring!
We accept applications from any location. We’re an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds, specifically women, people of color, LGBT people and international applicants to apply.
All Out is mobilizing millions of people and their social networks to build a powerful global movement for love and equality. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
All Out's growth has been explosive - we have more than 1,9 million members from every country on the globe - but numbers aren't what we're most proud of. By working online and offline and in close partnership with human rights defenders in every region, All Out is having a real impact. In the last year alone, All Out ran 49 campaigns in 26 different countries around the world that call for an end to laws that make it illegal to be gay, condemn dangerous gay "cure" therapy, call for protection against violent and deadly attacks on the LGBT community, and push powerful corporations such as MTV, Marriott and Coca-Cola to stand for equality.
Scroll down to see descriptions for the following positions:
All Out is seeking Summer Interns to work closely with members of our international team. We are looking for passionate, talented individuals who will support and learn from our dedicated staff as we launch new campaigns around the world. We have a range of opportunities for candidates with interests and experience in creative fields, political organizing, online marketing, and data analysis. The ideal candidates are detail driven, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, and passionate about LGBT issues around the world.
The interns will work with All Out to execute high-impact, opportunity-driven campaigns combining online tactics, media expertise and strategic partnerships.
Activities will include:
- Researching breaking news on LGBT issues around the world.
- Creating combelling email and social media content.
- Contributing to strategy discussions on new and existing campaigns.
- Providing general support to the team.
Educational opportunities include:
- Opportunity to work with world-class campaigners in a global, fast-paced, tech-focused environment
- Learn how to run online campaigns, including social media advocacy, mass email writing, and other transferable marketing skills.
- Learn how to execute press outreach, including writing press releases and pitching media.
- Opportunity to pitch and realize campaigns and special projects.
- Develop team-working skills.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a demonstrated commitment to and understanding of LGBT rights, international human rights, or similiar social justice movements
- Can work independently and think creatively about our work.
- Has the ability to initiate and follow through on projects with minimal oversight.
- Is fluent in written and spoken English - bonus points for French, Spanish, or Portuguese fluency.
- Has a keen interest in all things online, with a robust social media presence themselves.
Interns are eligible for academic credit. The position will be based in New York, however, if you are based elsewhere and are interested in similar positions, please submit your application with your city/country in the subject line. The position is full-time, starting around June 1st, with a 2-3 month commitment. Part-time applicants will also be considered.
To apply, please send a brief cover note, explaining your fit for the role and your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Summer Intern.”
Please indicate where you learned of the position. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, specifically women, people of color, LGBT people and international applicants.
We are looking for a brilliant writer with knowledge or expertise in online campaigning. The main focus of this position will be to write and edit campaign material including campaign emails, petition copy and press releases, as well as support the day-to-day workings of the campaigns team in pitching and launching amazing global campaigns.
All Out is an entrepreneurial environment and successful candidates will thrive when they can initiate and follow through on new ideas and projects, as well as being willing to pitch in however is needed during urgent moments of crisis or opportunity. This is an amazing opportunity to work with a global team of expert online campaigners to write and shape our campaign messaging.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Write the first draft of emails to send to our 1,900,000+ membership to motivate our network to take action.
- Draft press releases for our campaigns to engage and inform the larger public.
- Pitch new potential campaigns during daily pitch meetings.
- Assist in staging campaign materials online, and support campaign execution as needed.
- 3-5 years of professional experience, including at least one year of online campaigning or digital strategy experience. Skills in journalism and media production are also highly valued.
- Excellent writer, specifically the proven ability to write punchy email, social and other campaign copy that motivates members to take action.
- Ability to write about the complex issues of the lesbian, gay, bi and trans movement simply and emotionally.
- Strong research skills, you are constantly researching and gathering information on social movements and campaigns both in your region and globally.
- Strong project management skills
- Fluency in English, with competency in a second language highly preferred. Candidates with fluency in Portuguese, Spanish and French are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Virtual and International Culture: Strong internal communications skills, with the ability to work with a diverse team in a remote environment and experience documenting work, handovers, and virtual professional etiquette.
- Strong Leadership Skills: Takes initiative; solves problems; is an effective leader. Able to motivate others to contribute toward the effectiveness and success of the organization. Is able to build trust within team and acts with integrity.
- Terrific sense of humor.
In addition, candidates with any of the following skills are encouraged to apply:
- International Policy Analysis: You can analyze the global political and LGBT-specific landscape and understand where we can maximize the impact of our model.
- Creative Skills: Graphic design, video production, etc.
- Data Management and Analytics: Use data and metrics to test campaign tactics and analyze results
- Web development - HTML/CSS or SQL.
- Event Planning: Able to plan and execute global events (rallies, protests) in partnership with activists around the world.
Job Location: All Out is a virtual organization and we have staff based all around the world. Candidates based in time zones that are 3 or fewer hours from UTC/GMT are encouraged to apply for this position.
Pay and benefits are highly competitive and based on experience. To apply, please send a brief cover note, explaining your fit for the role and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Campaign Writer.” specifiying your location requirements and including a writing sample of no more than 600 words.
Please indicate where you learned of the position.